The Delaware Department of Labor has named the medical assistant profession as one of the top 25 occupations with the highest growth rate in the state. In the coming years, the profession is expected to sustain a 40% growth rate.
In 2013, the Delaware Department of Labor reported there were 1,850 medical assistants employed throughout the states. At that time, these healthcare support professionals earned an average hourly wage of $15.63.
However, less experienced medical assistants were more likely to earn an average entry-level hourly wage of $12.12 while their more experienced colleagues earned a much higher average hourly wage of $17.39.
Most recent salary statistics published by the Delaware Department of Labor detail average salaries and wages for medical assistants in local counties as follows:
- Statewide: $30,555/yr. or $14.69/hr.
- New Castle County: $31,845/yr. or $15.31/hr.
- Sussex County: $29,598/yr. or $14.23/hr.
- Kent County: $28,204/yr. or $13.56/hr.
Average Salary and Wage Percentiles for Medical Assistants in Delaware
In 2013, the United States Bureau of Labor Statistics found that medical assistants employed in Delaware consistently earned above the national average salary and wage percentiles for this occupation:
- 10th Percentile DE: $11.34/hr. or $23,600/yr.
- 10th Percentile US: $10.23/hr. or $21,300/yr.
- 25th Percentile DE: $12.98/hr. or $27,000/yr.
- 25th Percentile US: $12.09/hr. or $25,100/yr.
- 50th Percentile DE: $15.51/hr. or $32,300/yr.
- 50th Percentile US: $14.24/hr. or $29,600/yr.
- 75th Percentile DE: $17.96/hr. or $37,400/yr.
- 75th Percentile US: $17.12/hr. or $35,600/yr.
- 90th Percentile DE: $20.88/hr. or $43,400/yr.
- 90th Percentile US: $20.15/hr. or $41,900/yr.
Become better acquainted with medical assistant salary and wage findings in Delaware by referencing the following chart (data provided by the United States Bureau of Labor Statistics in 2013):