The medical assistant occupation is booming in Idaho. The Idaho Department of Labor expects the number of medical assistants working in the state to rise 22.59% between 2012 and 2022. As a result of this impressive expansion, the medical assistant occupation is being hailed as one of Idaho’s top 100 hottest jobs in 2014.
According to the 2014 Idaho Occupational Employment & Wage Release, residents employed in healthcare support occupations in the state currently earn an average wage of $12.48/hr The average entry-level wage for these occupations is $8.83/hr and the average midpoint wage is $11.72/hr.
Even though medical assistants are healthcare support professionals, they earn higher wages than the industry average. Comparatively, medical assistants currently earn an average wage of $14.36. They also receive an average entry wage of $11.94/hr. and an average midpoint wage of $12.48/hr.
Medical Assistant Wage and Salary Scales by Location in Idaho
Studies conducted by the Idaho Department of Labor indicate that medical assistants may see different wage and salary figures based on which city or region of Idaho they work in. For example, the average hourly pay scales for medical assistants according to city are:
- Idaho Falls: $11.82/hr. to 17.55/hr.
- Boise: $11.65/hr. to $18.19/hr.
- Lewiston: $11.53/hr. to $19.37/hr.
- Pocatello: $11.08/hr. to 19.29/hr.
- Twin Falls: $10.73/hr. to 18.41/hr.
- Coeur d’Alene: $10.55/hr. to $17.65/hr.
Likewise, the average monthly pay scales for medical assistants by city:
- Idaho Falls: $2,048/mo. to $3,041/mo.
- Boise: $2,019/mo. to $3,152/mo.
- Lewiston: $1,998/mo. to $3,357/mo.
- Pocatello: $1,920/mo. to $3,343/mo.
- Twin Falls: $1,860/mo. to $3,190/mo.
- Coeur d’Alene: $1,828/mo. to $3,059/mo.
The United States Bureau of Labor Statistics has compiled supplementary salary data for medical assistants in Idaho by location (2013):