The New Hampshire Employment Security Bureau has labeled medical assistants among their 25 top careers through 2022. The profession has earned this title because it is expected to grow by 22.6%, with an average of 80 annual jobs openings between 2012 and 2022.
According to the National Healthcare Association, by October 2014, all medical technicians (including medical assistants) will be required to register with the New Hampshire Board of Registration of Medical Technicians.
If medical assistants come to New Hampshire for the increasing job prospects; they stay for the privilege of receiving higher wages than the national average for this occupation. Compare medical assistant wages in New Hampshire against national wage averages in 2013:
- 10th Percentile NH: $12.16/hr.
- 10th Percentile US: $10.23/hr.
- 25th Percentile NH: $13.33/hr.
- 25th Percentile US: $12.09/hr.
- Median Percentile NH: $15.30/hr.
- Median Percentile US: $14.24/hr.
- 75th Percentile NH: $17.40/hr.
- 75th Percentile US: $17.12/hr.
- 90th Percentile NH: $19.03/hr.
- 90th Percentile US: $20.15/hr.
Like their wage earning colleagues, salaried medical assistants also enjoy higher salaries than the national average for this profession. Again, the United States Bureau of Labor Statistics proves this claim through researched findings in 2013: